mac blackjack for fun mac online mac no download

As a general rule, the right of way area on a Detroit Lakes street falls within 33 feet either direction from the center of the roadway. There are exceptions to this rule, however. Two of those exceptions include the East Shore Drive and South Shore Drive areas which have a 50 foot right of way.

Property owners are responsible for maintaining the right of way on their parcel by mowing the boulevard, shoveling the sidewalk, trimming back trees and hedges, and by keeping items such as rocks, planters, flower beds and sprinkler heads clear of the right of way. Any items that may be damaged by snow removal equipment is the responsibility of the property owner.


In order to dig in a city right of way, the contractor must hold a city EXCAVATION LICENSE . The fee for an Excavation License is $200. In order to obtain a Right of Way Excavation License, an application must be submitted, along with a check for $200, proof of $2,000,000 liability insurance coverage, Workman’s Comp coverage, if applicable, and an excavation surety bond in the amount of $5,000. Your license will expire on December 31st of each year, regardless of the date it was purchased during the year.

An EXCAVATION PERMIT  must be obtained for each dig site in a City right of way. An excavator must hold a license in order to get a permit. When the excavation is complete, the contractor fills out the top portion of the Certificate of Completion form. The City’s contractors for concrete and bituminous will complete all patch work in streets, sidewalks, curbs and gutters. The City will send the permit holder a bill upon completion.

A contractor needs an excavation permit only if digging in a City right of way. If digging takes place on private property, a permit is not required. *Contact Gopher State One Call 48 hours before any digging begins. *

When there is going to be an OBSTRUCTION of a right of way (with no dig), a Certificate of Obstruction must be obtained. At this time there is no charge for an Obstruction Permit. An obstruction is considered to be blocking any public right of way – streets, sidewalks, blvd, parking spots or lots, with demolition, machines, dumpsters, trailers, etc.

When there is an excavation or obstruction that affects the flow of traffic, our office must be contacted so that a public notice is sent out to emergency personnel – EMS, law enforcement, fire dept; news organizations & public transportation in the City of DL.

A Right of Way Excavation License Application, Excavation Permit Application, Obstruction Permit Application and Certificate of Completion may be obtained by clicking on the link, or stopping at the Public Works Dept, 508 Front St E. Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:30.

Ordinace 302