I wanted to send a quick note to all of you with important schedule updates. The primary purpose of this update is to provide a notice that work in Section B of the project (Willow Street to Frazee Street) will be starting next week. The rain has not significantly slowed progress and Sellin Brothers will be substantially finished with the underground utility work in Section A (downtown) by the end of this week or the early part of next week. In order to keep the progress moving, we will be moving work into Section B early next week. The following are some important items for everyone to be aware of:
- Traffic control and the detour will be set-up late this week and Monday. This means signs will go up, but the road will not yet be closed.
- Washington Avenue, from Willow to Frazee Street, will be closed to thru-traffic beginning early morning of Tuesday, May 19th.
- Closed to “Thru-Traffic” means that we are prohibiting the use of the roadway to general traffic. However, residents, businesses, and customers will generally still be able to access businesses, with exception to immediate work areas. We will be making every effort to maintain and provide access to businesses, when reasonable. There will be times that access will not be possible. We will try and communicate progress and access issues with everyone as work progresses. We will provide access to all residential property during non-working hours and other times as possible.
- There will be a moving construction zone with barricades on each end of active work areas. This will prevent travel through the work zone. However, properties north or south of the active work zone can get access from the appropriate end of the project segment (at Willow or Frazee)
- A detour route will be posted that will divert traffic around the construction utilizing Lake Avenue.
- Please obey all posted warnings and barricades. These are for the protection of you, your vehicle, and the construction personnel.
- Temporary public parking will be available in a portion of the Holy Rosary parking lot after school lets out for the year (after Memorial Day weekend). Public may not use this lot until the school year is over. Access to the lot will be from Lake Avenue.
- The first item of work will include the removal of the street, curb, driveway approaches, and lighting. Temporary gravel approaches will be installed to driveways.
- The contractor plans to leave the existing sidewalk in place for as long as possible. This will assist in providing pedestrian access to businesses and properties.
- Initially all work will be from the dental office to Frazee Street. We will not be doing any removals south of the dental office until a later date. This means there will still be on street parking available in this area.
- The construction of the underground utilities (sewer, water, and storm sewer) will begin after the removals are completed. We anticipate this work to start late next week or following the Memorial Day weekend.
We will continue to provide updates regarding construction progress for both section A and B of the project. Please forward this e-mail to anyone who might be interested in receiving the updates. Anyone wishing to receive the updates can send me an email and I will add them to the distribution list. Weekly construction meetings are held at LaBarista at 9:00 am every Tuesday. In the meantime, please feel free to contact any of the following project staff with questions, comments, concerns, or special needs.
|Jon Pratt||Detroit Lakes City Engineer||Work: (218) 844-2582Cell: (218) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tony Lapp||Construction Inspector||Cell: (218) email@example.com|
|Joel Sellin||Project Manager – Sellin Brothers, Inc.||Work: (218) 483-3522Cell: 701-318-4803Joel@sellinbrothers.com|
|Scott Sorenson||Project Superintendent – Sellin Brothers, Inc.||Cell: (701) 318-4804Sorenson@sellinbrothers.com|